30 April 2012

Tom Clarke's Grave: Kensal Green Cemetery #4

'TOM
CLARKE
writer
7 NOVEMBER 1918
14 JANUARY 1993'

One of the pleasures of wandering around cemeteries is that you often make interesting discoveries. I'd never heard of Tom Clarke, but I took this shot in case he proved interesting. As it happens, he wrote for television. Now, I know virtually nothing about television, although my knowledge of it far exceeds my interest in it. All the same, Ken Loach and Mike Leigh did some great things with this medium, and this guy was obviously around in the days before Big Brother took over people's consciousness, so maybe he's interesting?

It would certainly seem so from this article – by Richard Eyre – in the Independent:

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Obituary: Tom Clarke

No comments: